Saturday, October 13, 2018

Another CAL!

Because one major CAL is apparently not enough excitement for me 😂, I decided to join in on the Retrograde CAL by Shelby Shea, which calls for Lion Brand Yarns (Mandala and Ice Cream Big Scoop).  I imagine I could have found suitable substitutes, or even just used stash, but I really loved the look of the blanket in the original yarns, so I decided to hunt them down.
I don't have any Lion Brand retailers in my area, so as I often end up doing, I purchased my materials online...this time through Amazon.  The Ice Cream Big Scoop (in color Cookies and Cream) arrived just a few days later, as did one cake of Mandala (in color Pegasus).

Here's my work so far, after finishing the first section.  I love the two yarns together!  I am excited to see how it will look once the other two Mandala cakes (in Valkyrie and Pixie) are added.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Post-Thanksgiving Catching Up

Where did the last couple of weeks go?  Between the kids' activities, visitors from out of town, and medical appointments, I am just now...